Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

We've always been party poopers on New Year's. We normally get in our PJ's and go on our front porch at midnight with a glass of wine for me and a diet coke for Chris. Chris wraps his arms around me because I'm cold and we have my favorite afghan wrapped around the both of us. We watch the fireworks with pleasure while we simultaneously curse the idiots in the neighborhood that set them because they are endangering our property. Don't they know they could start a fire?

But today we reached new heights. Chris is changing groups at work after the new year so he worked 13 hours today trying to wrap up loose ends and move his junk to another floor. He has a lot of junk. Remember the miniature statue of Stonehenge he got for Christmas? It's a bunch of stuff like that plus an adorable and endless array of photos of his little nibblet. Needless to say, he was exhausted when he got home and went to bed early...but not before dressing up Audrey and taking festive pictures of her. I worked on the blog and hung out with my girl. At midnight she had just finished nursing and dozed off in my lap. I guess that's not a bad way to ring in the new year after all. Still...I think I had better go and get that glass of wine. Some traditions just shouldn't be broken.

I've got you, my pretty!

Why are you doing this to me !?!


Fine, I give.

What! There's more? I already gave you a cute picture.

Stop it! You're starting to scare me!
I guess I can't fight it anymore. Time to work what my mama gave me!

My 2009 Resolution
I've never really made one before. If anyone ever asked me I would just make up some garbage like most people do knowing good and well that I wasn't really going to do it. Now that I have this child that I wanted so badly I find that everything is about her. Duh, you know. You are in the process of reading a blog entirely devoted to the kid. By the way, I know that half her pictures probably look alike to you, but I think they're all so cute that I can't narrow them down. Thus, the endless number of photos of Audrey sitting, Audrey laying, Audrey being held. Just wait until she can actually do stuff. Oh boy! Moving on...my resolution is to continue loving her and my husband throughout this year and all the ones that follow. Life is short and we won't have each other forever. 2008 was a very special year for both Chris and me. I don't want to forget how that year brought the two of us even closer together and I don't want to ever take either one of them for granted. People settle into the daily grind and too easily forget how much they loved someone when that love was new.

No comments:

Post a Comment