Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Audrey Had Better Never Break Curfew

Chris has become quite the paranoid father and it is never more evident than when he sleeps. Audrey sleeps in a bassinet on my side of the bed, however, multiple times every night Chris wakes up looking for her in a semi-conscious state. He digs through the blankets that he is covered up with and he asks me questions about where she is. I'm usually already awake, but sometimes he wakes me up to ask. Now I don't even wait for him to say anything, I just tell him "She's in the bassinet, go to sleep". Unfortunately, it still takes a while for the words to sink in. I keep expecting him to get pissed at me because I laugh hysterically every time this happens, but he is dead serious. I need to keep some paper by the bed because I can't remember everything. These are just the questions from tonight and it's only 2:27am.

-"Where is she?"
-"How do you have her in here? I can't see where her head is."
-"I'm just trying to fix her blankets."
-"I'm going to go to bed now. Will you take her?" (He had already been asleep for hours)
-"Wait, so there's a baby in here? She must be really swaddled up. I need to dig out her little head" (Audrey was in the bassinett next to me, but Chris was digging through his blankets looking for her.)

No comments:

Post a Comment