Sunday, May 10, 2009

My First Mother's Day

I had a great Mother's Day! I guess it started yesterday. Audrey and I went to lunch with some Flickr friends, then that evening I went to see "Ghost of Girlfriends Past" with Christy and her mom. Chris and I never went to the movies all that much, but I really miss them now that I so rarely get to see one. This morning Chris snuck out of bed and went to buy breakfast tacos from Jardin Corona. After breakfast I slept in and turned off the monitor. Later in the day we went shopping at the mall and I got some opal earrings (Audrey's birthstone) to go with the necklace Chris got me last year for mother's day and we had dinner at Johnny Carino's. That evening I made him watch Desperate Housewives with me. hee.hee.



Audrey has been a real grump for the last few weeks. She's just constantly whimpering and we just can't keep her happy. Well, today we found out why. Her first tooth is coming in! We tried to get a picture, but it's hard to see. It's a bottom front tooth, a little to her right.

She was actually pretty cheery until we tried to get her to open her mouth. She didn't like that one bit!
Chris bought me flowers, a card, 3 bottles of red wine, a cake, and an US Weekly magazine. I canceled my subscription when I was pregnant and switched to baby magazines, but I still miss it.

Chris decided to personalize the cake even more by letting Audrey put her footprint it! It's at the very top.
Another Mother's day present was that I did't have to take care of Audrey at all today. No diapers, no bottles, no feeding solids, no fussy baby. I just got to sit back with my wine and watch him do the dirty work.

No comments:

Post a Comment