Tuesday, June 30, 2009

1st Fathers' Day

I had a wonderful first Fathers' Day (this post is coming a little late...)

We opened presents first thing in the morning. Audrey sat on my lap to help unwrap, but instead was pretty confused by the whole experience. Near the end I finally got her to help tear a little of the wrapping paper.

Amber made me a custom Fathers' Day card on Shutterfly with Audrey on the cover. She also got me two books--I Love My Daddy, and Daddy Kisses. Audrey and I took an intermission to read the books as we unwrapped them.



But the best gift was matching T-shirts--Audrey's says "I Love My Daddy" and mine says "I Love My Nibblet".



Afterwards, we had lunch at Applebee's, where Audrey and I wore our matching shirts. Nobody commented on the shirts at lunch. Audrey's shirt was covered by the car seat harness, so perhaps people wondered who "nibblet" was and were afraid to ask :)

We spent the rest of the day relaxing at home and playing with Audrey.

No comments:

Post a Comment